Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Five Guys Burgers and Fries


We stumbled upon this little gem this past weekend when I had a craving for cheeseburgers. Initially we intended to go to Red Robin, but to our chagrin, it had been closed. So we are driving around this shopping center, trying to think of another burger joint, and lo and behold, there is Five Guys. So out of curiosity we stopped in. Let me tell you, they did not disappoint.

                My biggest argument with most burger joints is the dry hamburger patty that gets smothered by other ingredients and the massive pieces of bun. Not at Five Guys. They make your burger to order, which I love.  But mainly, the meat is the star of this burger. One or two nice juicy beef patties seasoned perfectly are centered between whatever fresh ingredients you want. Yum! It was so juicy and delicious; I had to use all my napkins and then my husband’s.  Perfect amount of ketchup and mustard, too. These guys now how to serve a burger.

                Their fries were also fantastic, and with any lesser burger, might have stolen the show. Cut with the skins on and fried and salted to perfection. Not too fat and not dried, frozen excuses for fries. These are hand cut and perfect. The staff was friendly and even upsized my husband’s drink for no reason! The delightful oldies station playing in the background made a ‘let’s grab a burger’ night into an impromptu date. We will definitely be revisiting this little burger joint.

No comments:

Post a Comment