Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hopdoddy Burger Bar

My friend and I met for lunch today at Hopdoddy Burger Bar. I have been meaning to check it out, and it is walking distance from my office, so it was the obvious choice. The burger bar is really huge. The seating area is all in front around the bar area, and you walk down a corridor to the back where the kitchen is to place your order. A little unusual, but it seems to work.

I order the Buffalo Bill. I would ordinarily order a regular cheeseburger, but this baby has me eating all kinds of adventurous things. So I went for it, and man, was that a damn good burger! A thick patty on a homemade bun with just the right amount of sauces and blue cheese to make it so messy and yummy. All the burgers are dressed with tomatoes and onions, and I even ate the onion, which I usually discard.  Pretty much all the stuff they say about Hopdoddy is true. After I have this little guy I want to go by and try out the hop part of Hopdoddy, because the beers looked especially delicious. The fries were nothing to write home about, but they were crispy and not overly greasy, and I got the rest of them in a to go bag, so they obviously were good.

Yeah, nothing but praise for Hopdoddy.  It's a $10 burger, but understandably so.

No comments:

Post a Comment